Saturday, 21 May 2011

Being a Part-Time Mom

I am 29 years old and have had an interesting life. I am the mother of 3 little girls. These girls are my breath, my world, my everything. The thing is though, they all live with their fathers. 3 daughters and 2 different fathers. Not to mention I am 3 months pregnant from a 3rd man.

As you read this you are more than likely thinking that I "get around" and I just care about myself. Something like that has crossed the minds of most people I know. Another thing I have struggled with for years is depression. In the past I was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder and then to be rediagnosed again with an issue with alcohol that triggers my depression. Form whatever opinion you like because I know who I am.

The past year has been an eye opener for me. Right now I am struggling to get my younger two daughters part time in my home with me and my boyfriend. My oldest daughter who is soon to be 9 is with her father full time and I am blessed to have her every other weekend and what days she has no school. (Hopefully I can get her week on  and week off for the summer).

I have had a terrible up bringing and that is no way an excuse for my behaviour over the last few years. My last long term relationship was unhealthy too. I am one of the few that will admit that I knew it was half my fault because it takes two to "tango". I have learned so much from my relationship now and a few things about me that I wish I knew when I was 14. I am not here to blame anyone and I am not here to complain. I am here to let out some issues and hopefully shed some light on mental illness and the future custody issue with the father of my younger two.

I will go day by day or when I see my kids or when I get a lightbulb that goes off in my head. Ask any questions because I would love to answer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment